Saturday, March 29, 2008

"Let them eat cake!"


"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" - Marie Antoinette (allegedly)

Let them eat cake is a concept that have allegedly caused many a head to roll in the past.
Else the guy who made my Brownie Bomb at Corner House ,the not so corner anymore ice cream parlour chain in Bangalore, would be getting a worm's eye view as this blog is written. Incidentally owing to the location of my new office (more on that later) it IS round the corner really :)

Brownie Bomb as the name mentions is supposed to contain a BROWNIE as the core ingredient as opposed to the cake in cake fudge.
Well apparently our own Marie A. didn't see the difference either. And I'm pissed because I got something other than what I wanted.

Another incident eerily (is that how u spell it? no patience to spellcheck) similar to the one that caused Marie's pretty head to roll happened one day when Sandy and I went to buy bread for dinner. The shopkeeper said "No madam, we don't have bread" and as an afterthought added "We have cake but". Now here I understand the man's only trying to make a living and be a good salesman. Had I been alone it might have been mildly amusing, but we being who we are stumbled out of the shop suppressing hysterical giggles.


I realised something bout myself today. I accept not getting what I need easier than dealing with getting something other than what I want.

1 comment:

Alicia Souza said...

a blog...from missy b. i dunno how i never even thought of asking u....
1) do u kno i kept that bumble bee knock kncok joke as my own. its still my favourite..
2) sorry about pooch...damn that sucks. if it makes u feel better breasty is a great substitute. damn that sounded worse...
3) are so much gnocchi, im worried about my curiosity with the shape of the aftermath product
4) im really really thinking of coming back. this is nice but not interesting enough.
5) NEED B-H-E-L