Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lizard King

"I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each others dreams, we can play together all night!" - Hobbes

For most of my life I have been afraid to venture out of my room when nature calls at ungodly hours. The reason being apart from the obvious demons emerging from the depths of my imagination, the very much unimagined and boldly venturing remnants of dinosaurs that I so wish were extinct - lizards.
But that changed a little more than five years ago, that was the year we got Poochie.

Poochie would enthusiastically accompany me on my nightly sojourns and gleefully chase away my fears.
This way I gained a little courage from him and when I lived on my own in Bangalore, somehow the mere thought of Poochie made the monsters scuttle away and hide from me instead. I sometimes smile at my second hand courage through my sleep and get back into bed so.
Today was the first time when I made to the loo in the dark alone at home in Mysore, my thoughts were with Poochie instead. He died last night.
I'm pissed off with what happened and every fibre of my being is crying.
But I am trying to think of the good times like I know I'm supposed to and trying to borrow a little more courage one last time.
This may not seem like the best event to start a blog with, but as the name suggests it is someplace I can finally grumble about all the things I try to grin and bear in life (or not :P).
Well right now I'm grumbling bout why lizards are not extinct yet. Apart from feeling a whole lot of things I can't even get myself to write about and wondering why the hell am i doing this?


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Grumble B (what a great name!)

Thanks for checking out my blog. It's so amazing to know that you are half a world away and touched by what I wrote. I empathize so much with your loss of Poochie. I also really like what you wrote about the middle of the night trips to the loo (lua here in Hawaii.) There's something so terrifying about thoughts that appear in the middle of the night, isn't there? It's like the rational part of our mind is still fast asleep and so therefore not able to negotiate with the more primal part of ourselves. I hate waking up in the middle of the night!

What's it like in Mysore? I've been hearing a lot about that place for some reason recently and have always wanted to visit India...

purplehazerads said...

Awwwww :(

Will send you pics when I find them.